Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - Ready for a Challenge?

I hope you'll allow me a few sentences of explanation before a photo :)  A few weeks ago I was talking with my husband about how I make my life so much more difficult chasing after things I want to be doing instead of doing what I've been given to do.  Are you like me at all?  It would make me feel a little better if you are even a tiny bit :)  I love my children - each one of them - and I have always wanted to be a mom but being a mom is one of the hardest things I have ever (ever ever ever) done!  So often in the midst of the yelling, fighting, messy chaos I just want to go back in a room, close the door and scrapbook a page about how I imagine my life to be - LOL?  Can I get an AMEN?

Anyway, it was during this time of discussion that I came across Hands On: As We Grow blog (who partnered with Imagination Tree for the 30 day play challenge) and felt like God was saying, "Elizabeth - this is for you!  This is the job I have given you.  Being a mom is what I have made you for this stage of your life.  Yes I made your creative and given you tons of opportunities to show that creativity but for this stage, for today, I've called you a mom.  Be creative as a Mom.  You have Me - that is all you need - go and do 'Mom' well!"  I love this blog but really fell in love with the 30 day Hands On Play Challenge.
                  

So I contacted the blog writer Jamie and she graciously said I could adopt this idea and post about it!  Thanks so much Jamie - my children will thank you too :)!!  This New Year - oh and Happy New Year btw - I am going to do the next 30 days with my kids of Hand's on Play!  (I'm actually going to start on Tuesday the 4th and run it 30 days because I'm currently on vacation and won't be able to start until we get home)  I'd love for you to join me.  Tell your friends.  Blog about what you've been doing and post here or on my Facebook page your ideas and activities.

You may leave a comment here letting me know you'll join me or just play along silently (whatever you choose is fine but I do read my comments and will be praying for each of you as I pray for myself during this journey).  I hope you will seriously consider it - wow what will our kids think when we spend 15 minutes a day of uninterrupted purposeful playtime?  Happy New Year friends :)    
Opperation Smile Fundraiser going on now
for more information check out my post here



Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely can identify with chasing what I don't have instead of enjoying what I do. This project looks totally fun and I am going to do it as well, what a wonderful way to start the new year! Thank you for once again inspiring me to focus on others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be fort building tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me (us) in! I always struggle with wanting "my" life goals and where God has me now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...