Friday, October 19, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

Happy Friday and welcome back to Feature a Friend!  I'm so glad you are here!  Today's post is a great one so get yourself a cup of tea and take a look at some of these great projects using stamps!  Our guest today, Hilde, is all the way from Norway and a dear friend of mine through the Scrapping Everyday Miracles facebook group.  Hilde is married with two boys ages 10 &13.  Her home is shared with her father-in-law and a number of pets: dog, cat and budgies. She works full time as an engineer at construction sites and spends her leisure time driving kids to activities, running this place called home and scrapping and make cards.

Hilde shares this about herself to help us get to know her better . . .
"I started my paper craft career as a card maker in 2005, but transformed to a layout scrapper a year later. My main scrap subjects are - quite naturally- my family, but I also scrap about subjects found in our everyday life – the pets, our friends, funny signs and anything that makes my day special. With two boys, my specialty is making masculine cards!
As life is busy, I hardly have time to sit down and scrap or make cards for hours, and this is reflected in my style: often simple I-can-do-that creations with plenty of white space or quite linear. But on occasions I get carried away and keep adding details as if I were paid by the number  J 
I’m on the DT at Cardabilities (http://cardabilities.blogspot.ca/) and Once Upon A Sketch (http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.no/).  I have been published several times and I still enjoy participating in challenges on challenge blogs!"


Here is Hilde . . .

My creative journey with Close To My Heart (CTMH), started a while back when I won a prize donated by Elizabeth. She was kind enough to sent me an idea book, too, and I immediately fell in love with the stamps. We don't have any CTMH consultants in Norway, but luckily we have internet so we can shop abroad :-)

One of the stamp set which really caught my eyes was C1459 Stitched Together. I'm too lazy to pull out my sewing machine to use on my layouts and cards, so these stitch stamps were perfect for me.


Card: example from CTMH

As I both make layout and cards, I though this stamp set would be a great all purpose set - and I was right - I have used it on layouts, cards and even canvases. I have a few ideas to share with you today, as well as a few tips too.

Have you ever tryed stamping on shrink film to make your own embellishments? It's so fun and easy!
For this card I made buttons by stamping with the circular stamp on transparent shrink film. If you want to do your own, make sure you make the holes large enough, or the thread will not pass.



I used white shrink film and the heart shaped stamp to make some of the embellishments on this canvas:

"God Jul" means Merry Christmas in Norwegian.
As you can see I have used one of the border stamps from the set around the edges . I have heat embossed them to make them stand more out, and I did that with the red large heart, too. When it comes to stamping on uneven surfaces, as on modelling paste I have used for this canvas, I suggest to not use the acrylic block:  just ink up the stamp, place it where you want the image, and press gently with your fingers. If you notice there are some missing parts of the stamped circles on my canvas, I have done it on purpose, applying randomly a second layer of modelling paste, after stamping.

My last example for you is a 12x12 layout.  I was happy to discover the border stamps could be used to make a continuous border around the edges (which is easier to do because they are clear stamps)! A few stamped circles as part of my design, gave the layout a uniform look.

"Fingernem" means Dexterious in Norwegian

It's not easy too see it's faux stitching, right?
I hope you have enjoyed this post, and that you have gotten some ideas on how to use stamps on your creations!
And you are welcome to visit my blog - I just love visitors!

Thank you so very much Hilde!  I love each of your creations!!  I do hope you'll stop by Hilde's blog and say "hi" - she has a lot of talent to share.  I'm so glad to call her friend and sister in Christ.

Happy Crafting,   
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Awesome creations. Love them all but especially the canvas and the button-card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilde!!!! How awesome to see you here. I just live that canvas. It just screams masculine. Well done my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...