Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Chick Card & Cricut Bunnies

This is Easter week and I have a few projects to share with you :)

The first is this Chick Card I made using the Chantilly Paper pack and the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.






 To make the Chick:
Cut out of white cardstock the "egg shape" from the Art Philosophy Cartridge at 2 inches
Cut your egg in half
Take the bottom part of your egg and cut out little triangles to make a "broken shell look"
Stamp with Cotton Candy Ink using the circle stamp from the Chantilly Card Kit stamp set.
Ink around the shell with Cotton Candy Ink.  Set aside.
Sponge the top of the egg with Honey Ink until desired color.
Create the details on the chick with colored pencils.

I glued the Chick onto the white cardstock (stamped with the flower from the Hoppy Easter set) and then used 3D foam tape to pop the shell up :)  I was very happy with the results!

The other thing I created this weekend with the Art Philosophy Cartridge were these bunnies.


I cut circles (one at 2 inches and one at 3 inches)
Then I cut ovals (one at 1 1/2 inches and one at 2 inches)


Using the Pink Watercolor pencil I colored in the center of the ovals for ears, made the nose on the bunny and tinted the cheeks.
Using the black Watercolor pencil I colored the eyes, made the mouth and created the whiskers.
 

I used 3D foam tape to put the ears on.  These came together very quickly and I have quite a few uses for them.  A few ideas would be to attach them to wooden skewers with hot glue gun and poke them into the side of a round cake (like this one shown here), add them to Easter flower arrangements or create a banner.


I made a few projects with these bunnies that I'll show you later this week - thanks for stopping by!

Happy Easter Week!



  New To Scrapbooking?  Want to give a gift to someone who is just getting started?
Customize your own Close To My Heart starter kit for only $35!


 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I love Easter cards:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy - we made this card at my class on Friday night and it was a lot of fun :) Glad you stopped by and took the time to comment :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...